Our Mission Statement
“As part of God's family we grow together, respect each other and challenge ourselves
to be the best that we can be."
English Martyrs Roman Catholic School exists to nurture every child to grow in the image and likeness of God. Through the teachings of the apostles and under the inspiration of the Martyrs, we provide a learning environment in which the unique talents and achievements of each individual are recognised and celebrated. As a Catholic community, we strive above all else to promote love, justice and respect for all.
At English Martyrs we will live out our Mission Statement by following our School Values of Faith, Growth, Respect and WorkingTogether:
- By nurturing the abilities of all and fulfilling their capacity to use their physical, moral, intellectual and spiritual gifts and talents for the good of themselves and others.
- Through the way we teach and learn.
- Through our relationships with one another, the children, the parents and the wider community.
- Through our approach to behaviour and discipline which is based on gospel values of reconciliation and love for the individual.
- Through making prayer and worship an integral part of our daily life.
- Through our concern for justice and peace in our world and for those less fortunate than ourselves.
The following support our overall aim of communicating Christ to others:
- to be inspired and challenged by the Gospels and to celebrate in word and action God’s love for us and our love for Him.
- to provide a community spirit in which children are happy and made to feel welcome and valued, conscious of their own worth as individuals.
- to continually strive for excellence in teaching and to offer challenge leading to the highest standards of personal achievement for all our children.
- to prepare children to be fully aware of the needs of others, so that each child may learn to live as a member of God’s family world- wide, and at peace in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic society.
- to encourage a spirit of co-operation and friendship among our pupils which will lead to a mutual understanding and respect for all people.
- to affirm the value and equality of children of all abilities and to foster the talents of the whole school community.
- to care for, and to serve those, who have particular needs both within our school and those who are outside it.
- to organise our school and its curriculum in such a way as to reveal our commitment to building a community of Christ.
- to work in partnership with parents, to involve and inform them, and welcome them to share in the school’s liturgy and prayer life.
- to work closely with our governors, parishes and members of the wider local community.
Our School Prayer
This is our school English Martyrs,
Let peace dwell here, let the rooms be full of contentment.
Let there be love here, love of one another,
Love of mankind, love of life itself,
And love of God.
Let us remember that just as many hands build a house,
So many hearts make a school